The Québec 511 telephone service provides all the information you need to plan safe trips throughout the Québec road network.
In accessing the Québec 511 telephone line, you are offered five options:
1. Find out about the road network conditions
2. Report an incident (24 hours a day, 7 days a week)
3. Obtain general information or make a comment
4. Make a complaint
5. Obtain assistance
An automated line available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week provides information on the condition of the road network:
- Major events on the road network resulting in significant hindrance (accidents, floods, major congestion, etc.)
- Winter road conditions (visibility and condition of the roadway)
- Main roadwork (nature, hindrances, schedules, duration)
- Waiting times at Canadian border crossings (travellers and commercial vehicles)
- Availability and schedule of ferry services
This option also enables you to seek information on trips between two towns.
You can also talk to an agent between 8 a.m. and 8 p.m., Monday through Friday, to obtain general information on laws, regulations, policies or programs administered
by the Ministère, or to share your comments about the Québec 511 service.
You can also call Québec 511 from anywhere in North America by dialling 1 888 355-0511 (toll-free).