* Find out how to become a village-relais
What Is a Village-relais?
A village-relais is a municipality that offers, in cooperation with the local businesses, services at least equivalent to the services offered in service areas. This includes food, fuel, mechanical repairs and accommodation services.
Villages-relais were implemented with four main objectives in mind:
- Increase the safety of road users (automobiles, trucks, buses, recreational vehicles) by offering facilities where they can stop at all times
- Offer a wide range of services and a hospitable environment
- Encourage physical improvements of the premises and of the buildings and promote their tourist value
- Support local and regional development
The services below are basic services that must be accessible all year long, in the peak season (from June to September) as well as in the low season (from October to May). All these services (except towing services) must be accessible to persons with mobility impairments.