* Find out how to become a village-relais (in french only)
What Is a Village-relais?
A village-relais is a municipality recognized by the ministère des Transports, de la Mobilité durable et de l’Électrification des transports that offers, in cooperation with the local businesses, a variety of services and a pleasant and safe place to stop.
In addition to services, the villages-relais offer travellers cultural and natural attractions, quality amenities and an environment that suits them, making visitors want to extend their stay.
Villages-relais were implemented with four main objectives in mind:
- Increase the safety of road users (automobiles, trucks, buses, recreational vehicles) by offering facilities where they can stop at all times
- Offer a wide range of services and a hospitable environment
- Encourage physical improvements of the premises and of the buildings and promote their tourist value
- Support local and regional development
The services mentioned below are the minimum services, and must be available year round— that is, both in the high season (from June to September) and in the low season (from October to May).